Use this workbook to write off over 5 years certain business capital expenditure (“blackhole expenditure”) not denied by some other provision. See immediate deductions for small & medium businesses below.
1. Establishing a company or other business structure
2. Converting your business structure to a different structure
3. Raising equity for your business
4. Defending your business against a takeover
5. Unsuccessfully attempting a takeover
6. Stopping carrying on business (including liquidating a company).
Small & Medium Businesses
Note that from 1 July 2015, a start-up company, trust or partnership can immediately deduct a range of professional expenses associated with starting a new business, such as professional, legal and accounting advice.